Here is a review of last year’s birthday list of goals and how I progressed:
Go on an adult vacation: Preferably an island–any island! I went to Cancun and had a nice time
2. Have my baby boy potty trained: He will be 21 months then. Not quite, but he is almost there
3. Make time to pursue my hobbies: I did start a personal style blog
Decide if I want to attend law school No, I’ll stick to the education industry.
5. Find a place of worship
Find a great, simple recipe for mac and cheese Thanks to Suzanne, half and half, and cooking creme
7. A serious relationship: I am lonely: I am dating someone
Make a pink champagne cake Very rich and decadent!
9. Start/finish my a scrapbook for my mother: I haven’t even started!
10. Gain 10 pounds: In my opinion there is a such thing as being too thin: Hasn’t happened yet
11. Have a family vacation somewhere where there is a beach–Australia maybe: Maybe next year!
Compliment/encourage someone at least once a day
Keep a resilient attitude I think I am pretty good at this, I am still standing.
15. Read at least 10 good books that are not work related: The Help, Priceless Inspirations, Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You, Power& Beauty: A Love Story of Life on the Streets, The Hunger Games
16. Manage my time more efficiently
17. Stop and smell the roses
Develop a plan for my debts No plan, I just started paying what I could pay, lol
19. Be grateful for the smALL things
20. Consciously choose to forgive those who have hurt me
21. Finish the Old Testament: 24 more books to go
Take a class–likely pertaining to my career
Cook whatever I want to eat: I’m back to trying different recipes
Start an online business I opened a store on Esty if that counts, however, I haven’t sold anything yet.
Organize the garage I did, but now it needs organizing again, lol
26. Create a formal will: Shame on me that I don’t have this done by now!
27. Save more, spend less
28. Stop using retail as therapy
29. Exercise patience
30. Stop taking everything to heart: I’m about 50% better
31. Laugh more: Sometimes I am such a wet blanket
Be more creative with my wardrobe
33. Spend twice as much more QUALITY time with my kids: I have gotten better at this, now I just need to find mutual activities that can be enjoyed by my toddler and teenager. It feels soooo weird that I have a teenager!