In honor of my 38th birthday, I want to share 38 things I am thankful for:
1. Jesus’ sacrifice: Glory, glory!
2. My two precious boys: 17 and 5-my first, my last, my everything!
3. Loving students: They alone make my job worth the stress.
4. Kindness: I have received a lot of kindness over the last few months that it has encouraged me to pay it all forward.
5. The gift of another year: Hallelujah!
6. Good friends: Shanna, Karen, Champale, Manita, and Hasina
7. Good food 😋: I love to eat and cook. I have a whole list of new restaurants that I plan to explore over the year.
8. All of the birthday wishes and gifts I received today. Some were so unexpected but well received.
9. A good cup of coffee: I had the most delicious coffee to date in the Dominican Republic and I’ve been on a quest since then to find another.
10. Heat: What more can I say? Baby, it’s cold outside!
11. Books: I love to read and I must say that books make me feel alive.
12. Dear family: I do t have a lot nor am I close to them all, but despite it all, I am thankful to share blood ties with such a motley crew of people.
13. A career: I am a rose who grew from concrete. I was determined to succeed and by His grace, I did.
14. Health insurance: It saddens me that not everyone has this basic necessity. If you’ve ever been ill, you know just how vital it is.
15. Technology: It allows me to stay connected to the ones I love whether near or far.
16. Forgiveness: Thankful to God for extending it to me with condition. Also thankful for those who have forgiven my wrongs.
17. Student loan deferments: LOL
18. Mercy: Thank you Lord.
19. Socks: I have a hard time walking in surfaces without them. It creeps me out, lol.
20. Clean drinking water: In light of the water tragedy in Flint, it makes me thankfu for this “small” thing that we take for granted.
21. Grocery stores: The convenience and array of goods is simply amazing.
22. The sky: I have been fascinated with the sky for a while
23. The color pink: It makes me feel so feminine
24. Safe transportation: My grandmother nor my mother knew how to drive. Thus is astounding to me considering the myriad of places I go on a weekly basis. Even though I hate pumping gas and taking the time to have the oil changed-I’m so thankful that when I need to go somewhere, I can simply get up and go.
25. Coconut milk: This drink has been giving me all the B12 I need to have energy.
26. Smiles: A simple does wonders for the soul.
27. Hugs: Love them.
28. Worship music: A good song puts me right in the Upper Room with the Lord.
29. Winters that eventually turn into spring
30. Vision: I wear contacts so I know how it feels to have less than 20/20 vision. But I’m so thankful for the ability to see the beauty all around me.
31. Making a difference: My job is often thankless drudgery. But just knowing that I may possibly make a difference gets me going.
32. Ice skating: I’ve had such fun taking and teaching my boys how to skate.
33. Flowers: I love blooms of all kind, especially tulips. They make me feel girly and loved.
34. Chloe-My precious pooch is the girl child I’ve never had. She came in my life at a very barren, bleak time. Love that dog!
35. Lessons: I’ve had some tough ones, no doubt. But without them, I would not have the deep sense of gratitude that I have for some things.
36. Oceans: The ocean is such a magnificent sight to behold. I feel so in awe and in touch with God when I get the chance to partake in its beauty.
37. Laughter: Tis is a beautiful thing. It is truly a healing balm.
38. A good heart: Thankfully God judges our heart. I am not perfect, but my heart is good and strives to do the right thing.