10 things I’m going to start doing for myself:
1. Drink more water, lol. Seriously, I even bought a bottle of my favorite yesterday (Smart water, but would anyone dare sip Dumb water?!) and took a few swigs before my baby wrestled it out of my hands and slobbered all in it.
2. Eat! My appetite has been extremely POOR! But I have been so exhausted as of lately. I know my lack of eating is responsible for this. An easy fix, so I’m forcing myself to eat whether I want to or not.
3. Take a vitamin supplement DAILY: I dislike pills and therefore would sporadically take my vitamins. I need to get over myself and swallow those pills for the good of the cause.
4. Hang out with my kids more: Most of my day is consumed with household duties and I am conked by the end of the day. I like my kids and WANT to spend more QUALITY time with them. I will re-up my efforts.
5. Read more: One of my favorite hobbies but I barely have time to do so. Last night I did manage to read a chapter of The Winter Room by Gary Paulsen, a book Nic and I are reading together. I also signed the baby up for a reading program going on at the public library.
6. Bake more: I am dying to bake a pink champagne cake. I also want to try a different recipe for tre leches cake.
7. Av0id negative energy: Some people just suck the living daylights right out of your very being! I’m sick of these emotional vampires and will avoid them at every cost.
8. Put me first sometimes: I am last on the totem pole in every event. I am working on inching up the pole.
9. Not sweating the small stuff: I tend to let minor things completely overwhelm me. This of course takes a toll on the psyche. I am going to start exercising the Serenity prayer and be done with it.
10. Relaxing more: This is SOOOOOO hard for me to do. I burn the candles at both ends.
by Edna St. Vincent Millay
My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends —
It gives a lovely light!
But I don’t want to end up like this:
I Burned My Candle At Both Ends
by Samuel Hoffenstein
I burned my candle at both ends,
And now have neither foes nor friends;
For all the lovely light begotten,
I’m paying now and feeling rotten.