Hmmm. don’t know what to think about this one: http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/21/10206889-til-death-do-us-part-marriage-to-dead-girlfriend-draws-mixed-reaction
Tag Archives: attention
Men @ Work
No, I’m not talking about the Australian rock band, I’m alluding to the many men who have seemingly come out of thin air to attract my attention. I have been completely overwhelmed by the number of men vying for it. Some, I’m sure, don’t have the purest of intentions.
A vast majority of my would-be suitors are people I work with. I’m sorry, but I find this incredibly tacky considering that they know my situation. It has only been four months for crying outloud! I am really disturbed by their lack of decorum. I am not interested in being pursued or going on any dates. I know that I am not giving them any signs to appraoch me; but it hasn’t deterred them yet.
Here are a few of the said men who make their interest obvious:
- The Headcase: If the world is indeed a crazy place, then Eliza’s brother is the commander-in-chief! How he would even have the audacity to think that I’d have him beats me!!!! His arrogance is offensive! In the words of Cher from the movie Clueless “As if!”
- The Head Custodian: He is a handsome older man (mid 40’s) whom I have worked with the longest. I am not interested.
- The Substitute: The female students and teachers alike describe him as gorgeous. It’s crazy the reaction that he gets because I don’t find him good-looking and he is annoying to boot. He is also a masseur. I like “manly” men, not androgynous metrosexuals. I am not interested.
- The Special Ed Teacher: Married, no need to say anymore (but if you let him tell it, he’s not happy at home, no sympathy found here!) I am not interested.
- The Former Coworker: He is fair looking, but too intense for my liking. He heard through the grapevine about my husband’s death and attended the funeral. I am not interested.
- The Neighbor: Married, no need to say anymore! I am not interested.
- The School Police Officer: Older man, not my type. He looks like Ving Rhames with a Caesar. I am not interested.
- The Mechanic: An older guy who seems nice enough. I’m not interested.
- The Sheriff’s Deputy: Another older guy (late 30’s early 40’s). He is the same one who gave my battery a jump when my car wouldn’t start. My husband and I knew him from our frequent appearances in family court. He’s weird. I am not interested.
- The Reverend: He is an older man who looks much younger than he is (66 to be exact) and was the same clergyman who baptized my husband as a child! He has not directly stated his intentions, but his actions (I relunctantly admit) do. My friend Kara calls me “Shocked and Appalled” because some things that shouldn’t surprise me just do! I mean he is way too old for me, he knows my inlaws, he is a man of the cloth—-it’s too much for me to even ponder! This one makes me the most uncomfortable.
The bottom line is I am not interested! I want to use this time to heal. If I am meant to have another person in my life, I believe it will happen naturally. At this point I am not seeking nor do I want to be saught. Some men are disgusting creatures!