I found out Friday that my SIL refuses to give the boys back to Eliza (her motives are not the purest$$$$). She has not allowed her to see them either. And because of this, Eliza’s brother has been harassing her (sound familiar). My SIL is moving them out of town.
I am glad that I am no longer involved in that drama cycle. Just knowing what I know about Eliza’s bunch and my sick SIL, it will be messy whatever the outcome.
I feel very sorry for Ethan and Evan. As always they are caught in the middle of self-serving adults. Please keep them in your prayers.
Today I’m feeling some kind of way. However, this seems to be the norm for me. I am trying to make a way out of the pit. What do you guys do when feeling blue?
Today marks the two-year anniversary of my mother’s death. It seems like just yesterday. I miss her.
As you all know Kierra was scheduled to have surgery this week. Last week Christine made many attempts to change Husband’s mind and let Kierra go home with her. Husband assured her that Kierra would be just fine going home with us.
Christine was relentless in her pleas. She commented on the fact that she could take off work…so can we. She said she knows how to work the drain that Kierra would receive because she did it the last time…she had to be shown and the doctor can show us. She went on to say that she has to sign Kierra in and out of the hospital…okay she can still do so and Kierra will still leave with us. Then she said that what if Kierra needs to go back to the hospital for any reason…we are capable of getting her there and will call you immediately. Besides that we have two running vehicles. (Christine’s car has been “down” since Christmas. Husband has had to take Kierra home at the end of her visits since then. Yet Christine and her older daughter drive it all the time.)
I knew Christine would not be happy with Kierra coming to our home. Why? Well her words have come to bite her. Christine swore she would never step foot in our house. She even told Kierra this the other night while they were having a heated discussion. Kierra informed us that Christine ranted about how Kierra didn’t love her. How Kierra loved us more than her. Why can’t Kierra just come home and be with her. Kierra told Christine that she loved all of her family and this time she wanted to be with us.
Low and behold Husband received a call the next day from Christine but he missed the call. Later that evening he was talking to Kierra on the phone when she broke the news. Christine canceled the surgery. She told Kierra that the doctor went on medical leave. Kierra asked her if another doctor could perform the surgery. Christine said she would prefer that her doctor do the surgery since the last one was a success. Christine said she didn’t know when the doctor would be back. Yeah right!!! Christine canceled the surgery because she doesn’t want to come to our house.
When this whole ordeal came about I told Husband that Christine would probably cancel the surgery. That is the only way she could assure Kierra not come home with us. I’m pretty sure she will rescheule it when it’s on her time. But that is not even the issue. The problem I have is that Kierra needs the surgery. It’s not a life or death situation but the sooner she gets it done the better for Kierra. If prolonged she could have a situation where she would need reconstructive surery.
We do not have a probelm with Christine coming to our home. She’s the one with the problem. We also do not have a problem going to her home. When we have gone she goes into another room. The last time Kierra had surgery she made it difficult for us to visit with Kierra. She made a big stink about HER family and friends being there. Well we are her family too! Christine also wants to portray to her friends that she does it all. So she doesn’t want us around when she is entertaining. This is not about her, it’s all about Kierra.
The next day Husband had to pick up Kierra from school because she had a headache and couldn’t stop crying. Kierra told me that she was tired of Christine getting upset with her about everything. She said she is tired of the headaches. I told her that she doesn’t have to keep all those emotions inside. I told her that when things are really heavy in my heart I talk to God. I go off in a quiet place and just talk to Him. She could do the same and feel much better by letting it go.
Does Christine not care about Kierra’s health? It doesn’t seem like it to me. She is not concerned with her mental health either. Kierra clings to us whenever she is over. Friday night she layed on me all evening. We ended up falling asleep on the couch and Husband had to wake us up to go to bed. Whenever husband leaves to run errands she is right by his side.
Yesterday before she went home Kierra said she was looking forward to spring break. My brother, his family, and my mom will be here. She said she can not wait to see my nephews. She also went on and on about doing different activites. I just hope Christine doesn’t start in on her this week. Kierra needs a break from the drama.
Fridays have taken on a whole new meaning for me. It used to be that I could hardly “wait” for the day to come. Now I can barely get through them. No longer do they represent happiness and relief from working. Fridays are sadness, loneliness, and terrible memories that surface. Every Friday I relive that horrible night. Friday is the day all the trouble began.
Saturdays, too, are classified the same as Friday. Saturday was the official day of his death.
And for some reason yesterday (Friday) just felt so much more heavier than usual on top of the forlornness that I normally feel. There were “signs” everywhere that I could not “read.”
- During my prep I made a personal call, and while on hold, I grabbed the nearest magazine (Lady’s Home Journal) to pass the time. The first article I encountered was called “To Happy Endings.” The author wrote about the many problems she had faced in 2008. No matter how many times life surprises you, you never get used to the shock. A year ago I couldn’t have pictured all that has come to pass in my world in 2008: my mother’s death, the end of my second marriage and a raft of other heartaches big and small… Midway through the article it mentioned that she had been widowed in her early thirties! I about fell off of the stool I was perched on!
- After reading her story, the article I turned to next had my husband’s name in large letters! Turns out that one of the adult dogs who played Marley in the movie Marley & Me has the same name as my husband!
- The last feature I read in the magazine was an interview with a mom. The final question asked what she wished her family had money for. She said she wanted money to restore their emergency fund as it had been depleted. She also desired money so that her family could visit her in-laws in (take a wild guess) Morocco!
- During my sixth period some of the students were talking while working on their assignment. A female student was casually sharing the fact that she spent 11 1/2 months in residental treatment. This of course caught my attention because this is the exact amount of time that Evan spent in treatement as well!
- One of my student’s brother, who attends our middle school has been acting out because their father died recently. Her brother’s name is Ethan (also in middle school)!
- I received a call from Eliza’s sister’s cell phone. I did not answer the call and no message was left.
- On Wednesday I kept my friend’s two sons while she went out on a date. They are the same ages as my stepsons. It felt really eerie having them there. Later in the evening she sent a text asking What are my boys doing? This is the way Eliza always referred to Ethan and Evan, Although this did not happen on Friday, it still triggered many memories.
I was haunted all day and night long. Even while I was “stealing time.” I felt overwhelmed and crushed by the memories and what-if’s. Later in the day I was exhausted and took a sleeping pill to stop my wandering mind. But I do wonder if it was all a coincidence or some kind of sign?
At my grandmother’s repast, someone with a camera snapped a picture of me that perfectly captured the face of grief. Over the years I have worn that visage many times.
Today is the one year anniversary of my mother’s death.
Today marks three months for my husband, too.
I miss them so very much!
Today I took my kids on a field trip to see Bodies…the Exhibition. They really enjoyed it and were quite intrigued by the wonderous complexity of the human body. My students (of course) were eager to see the sex organs!
I, on the otherhand, was very interested in viewing the heart gallery. But looking at the display of arteries strongly reminded me of my husband, so much in fact that I could not bear to look at the one aptly called the widow maker. I hate that terminology!
Today, it has been two months.
Last night I had a weird dream. I dreamed that Eliza’s crazy brother rescued me from a guy who was going to rape me! He cautioned me to be more careful in the future. Next he took me to his house and put me in his bed and suggested that I get some sleep. When I awakened, he was snuggled on the couch with a woman that I didn’t recognize. Then I woke up!
I didn’t understand the basis for this dream. As much as he has terrorized me here lately, why would he be the one saving me? Why in Hades am I dreaming about that creep? Maybe I am under so much stress that I have finally lost my mind. Or perhaps I am just putting too much thought into this dream/nightmare.