Suzanne suggested that I post a few pictures so that I could get better feedback.
Pic #1: Walking through the door
Pic #2: Window treatments
Pic #3: Another view
Pic #4: My statue that I like to keep warm (hat added!)
Pic#5: Another view
Things I like about the room:
- accent wall
- custom portrait
- chocolate carpet
- ceiling fan
Things I don’t like:
- It looks like oatmeal–just so bland
- The couch is not plain making it challenging to change the decor too much
- The fake potted tree
- The furniture which is almost ten years old and in excellent condition. But I want a more modern less stuffy look. I really want a chocolate, champagne, and sky blue color scheme. Maybe I will take Stacy’s advice and put my current furniture on Craigslist so I can at least get a new sofa.
What I am thinking about doing:
- Adding color–maybe teal or eggplant
- Finding a circular rug for the floor
- Adding a coffee table or ottoman
- A swag for the blinds–I don’t want to worry about hanging curtains
- Replacing the tree with sticks–the artsy kind!
What do you guys think?