In honor of my 32nd birthday, I have compiled a list of 32 things in which I am grateful for or adore (in no particular order):
1. My “Sun”-I have been truly blessed to have the child I do. He is a dream. I just hope and pray that I am able to guide him into manhood.
2. Good Friends-I don’t have many friends, which is okay, but the handful I do have help me get through life.
3. Good Food-I have been fascinated with food since I was a kid. I love food. Food is so comforting. It can build bridges.
4. Work-I often gripe about my job,however, it does allow me to take care of business.
5. Health Insurance-So many people go without this nessesity that it makes me appreciate mine despite my co-pays.
6. Transportation-It’s great to be able to hop in and get from point A to B at anygiven moment.
7. Family-A small motley crew, but still a wonderful thing to have.
8. Home-It’s mine and it’s sweet
9. Sleep-A luxury I lavish
10. Books-A girl’s best friend.
11. Memories-A way to remember those who have vaporized
12. Music-A sure comfort in times of trouble and triumph
13. Laughter-To prevent from crying and just to have a plain ole good time!
14. Dancing-I love the arts, plus I love to dance especially when I am home alone
15. Students-Priceless souls who look up to you and love you in all your imperfections
16. Conveniences-We take so many simple things for granted, i.e. grocery stores, laundry appliances, potato peelers, lol
17. A Sound Mind-This is so underrated!
18. Freedom-Another thing we take for granted that I am glad to have. In the words of Prince Be glad you are free/Free to change yo’ mind/Free to do most anything anytime
19. Cell Phones-November 12th, 2009 marked my 3rd year of having a cell phone. I used to view it as a gps device and found it unimportant to have one as I was either at work or at home with phone lines. However, it would be a jagged little pill to swallow without one. What would my life be without texting?
20. Pens-Cause I love to write!
21. Mascara-Nothing makes a girl feel prettier and it gives you an instant shot of glam!
22. The Lottery-A girl can dream, can’t she?
23. Lip Gloss-It’s bling for your lips
24. Cupcakes-So cute and dainty–kinda like me!
25. Clearance and Target-Sometimes the finds are unbelievable!
26. Our Secretary-This woman has seriously “got my back.” It’s like having a mother at work!
27. Mail-Letters, cards, unexpected checks–no bills!
28. Photographs-I love capturing candid shots the best.
29. Poetry-My release
30. Purses-I bought 3 justlast night!
31. Tea-So soothing
32. The Bible-It’s not called the “good book” for nothing!