My lovely friend Stacy likes to post 5 positive things that have happened to her that day. At the turn of the year, I started writing 3 things, got discouraged, and gave up. Sometimes it is hard to see the light…today she inspired me to try. Here is my list for yesterday:
1. I was on time for work: At my job if you are even a minute late, you have to conference with the Big (literally and figuratively) Boss. I don’t like her and have no desires to dialogue with her.
2. Cleaned the aquarium: A yucky, time-consuming job–but somebody has to do it.
3. A Surprise Call: My cousin El called to see how I was doing, which was nice and unexpected.
4. Texting: I love this form of communication and it’s easy to send a cheerful message or get some instant support.
5. Living in America: Even on our worst days, we Americans live so much better than our counterparts in third world countires.