One of my coworkers has made it her mission to cheer me up. She has went over and beyond to do so. My heart is really touched by her generosity and selflessness. Here are a few things she has done; although I am probably forgetting something because she has done SO much!
- She was my Secret Santa for a week (I did not even sign up)
- She made me lunch and dinner several weeks in a row
- She organized a group of coworkers to buy my lunch for a week straight
- When I was sleep starved and not feeling well for two days she allowed me to bring all of my classes to the media center
- For Christmas she gave me movie theatre and restaurant gift certificates
- She invited us to her sister’s for Christmas dinner
- She bought me a fancy journal and pen because she knows that I like to write
- She attended the wake
- For my birthday she bought cupcakes for all 135 of my students! She also gave me a gift certificate to an upscale restaurant
- She has volunteered her babysitting services
- Just today she presented me with an autographed copy of one of my favorite books!
How do you thank a person like this? I wanted to do something from the heart; so I made her one of my special framed acrostic poems and presented it to her. She loved it!