If your purse could talk, what would it say? I wondered this while digging through the contents of my purse this morning. Ten years ago it probably would have said something different than it does today. For one thing it was so small! I thought big purses were for old ladies—silly me! Now that I am old school myself, I can’t imagine carrying those purses meant for Barbie dolls around! The more roles I take on, it seems the larger my purse gets. At this moment these items can be found in my purse. Of course you all know that this is subject to change at any given moment or when I get around to changing purses!
- A harvest orange Liz Claiborne billfold—so full that most of the time it won’t stay closed!
- A mini umbrella—I will melt if the slightest drop of water hits me
- My Ipod Nano—I have to have something to do to entertain myself with!
- Coupons for White Castle’s, Family Christian Bookstores, Covergirl Eye Enhancers, Kraft dressing(a free bottle, I might add), Hanes underwear, Pampers, and EskimoPie
- A recipe for Creamy Potato Casserole
- A bank envelope containing $390 (it seems this random amount is what it takes to get a full tank of gas nowadays!)
- My dealership’s business card
- Receipts from Marsh, Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, Toys R Us, the post office,
- A Toys R Us birthday club membership form
- My checkbook
- A business card holder
- A note from Nicholas that reads Mom, Thanks for all you do for me. I know you just want what’s best for me, I Love You
- A wide-tooth comb (my hair is so tangley!)
- Lip Polish by Maybelline
- 3 ink pens
- A business card from a carpet-cleaning service (remember my summer goals?)
- My cell phone
- Blistex Fruit Smoothies (melon flavored)
- A Coach coin purse (full of small change)
- A Data Traveler 2 GB flash drive
- 90 cents in loose change
According to my purse I like saving money. I also like to stay tidy and presentable—who knows who I might run into?! I really don’t like waiting so I have to have something on hand to occupy me—hence the Nano. It says that I like to cook and I am family-oriented. It feels that staying connected with family and friends throughout the day is important to me. Taking care of business ranks at the top of my to-do list. I am a networker and note taker—why else would I have three pens, my purse wonders. My purse, whom I’ve nicknamed Goldie, concluded that I like to shop.
Very funny blog! As a guy, I’ve never had a purse, but I can totally relate to the crappy umbrella. I seem to have never learned that when it comes to umbrellas, you get what you pay for. I’m on a bad streak of the world’s worst umbrellas in my car trunk. The one I have now works fine, as long as it’s just misting, straight down, with no more than 2 mile per hour wind “gusts” and as long as it’s not going to be needed for more than, say, 8 seconds.
My purse would say, “Clean me out and replace me!!!”. Cute post! 🙂
My purse would say the same as Stacy’s. Actually, it’s been saying that for quite some time. It is a “genuine” Gucci that I got in Mexico for five bucks. So genuine that it has changed colors. Time for a change!